So the other day I was paying for a sandwich in Subway. The total was $5.69. I gave him a $10 bill. My change should be $4.31. I'm not paying attention when he says, "Do you need your penny?" Since I wasn't really listening I asked him to repeat what he said. He did. At this point I'm thinking I misheard the original price or something and I just said, "No." Then he handed me four dollars and 30 cents. As I walked out the door I thought to myself, "Did he just ask me if I didn't need all of my change? He did. He asked me if they could keep part of my money." As I drove down the road I kept repeating, "Do you need your penny?!"
A day or two later, in a gas station in New Madrid, MO, I bought a sandwich and drink. The total was something and 18 cents. My change should have been 82 cents. That's easy; I calculated it in my head. She looked like she was having a hard time figuring it out and then she handed me some coins and said, "Your change is 77 cents." Are you kidding me?! I didn't say anything cause I figured she is going to have a rough enough life since she can't do simple math and all.
Later I get a flyer in the mail from a car dealership with a scratch-off thing. I take these things seriously because I have won a free gas card in the past. So I scratch off the thing and it says I'm a winner and I must call this particular number to reserve my prize. I call the number. They tell me my prize has been reserved. I show up the next day at the car lot. The guy askes if I am going to buy a car. I answer, "Probably not. I received this in the mail and it says I'm a winner." The salesman says, "Aww, you're gonna be p***ed just like everybody else. We sent out 500 of these things and somebody earlier today got the last prize." I understand that he is just a salesman and not the manager or the owner. I've had to give bad news to people in the past because someone else messed up so I can sympathize. I didn't argue with this guy. I kind of did want to ask for his manager and reenact the Seinfeld 'Reservation scene'. (If you haven't seen it, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FIpLWUT3yw)
What is wrong with the world??? Can people not count anymore???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment